Good morning, savvy savers! With so many people in the process of preparing their homes for holiday guests this week, and throughout the holiday season, I wanted to share with you my recipe for Homemade Orange Glass Cleaning Cleaner! With the outrageous cost of commercial glass cleaners, I created an organic, non-toxic, child and pet-safe all purpose cleaner which can be for under $5.00 for a years worth of cleaner! As the average cost of a bottle of store-bought orange cleaner is 3.89, and I use a bottle of spray a month, that’s a savings of $48.68 a year! Here’s how to make this!
- 1 Clean, dried mason jar
- The peels of 3 oranges
- 2 Cups Distilled, white vinegar
- 1 Empty Bottle
- 1 Funnel
- 1 Plastic Bowl
- 1 Sifter
- Obtain a clean mason jar, and fill it with 16 ounces, 4 cups, of distilled white vinegar.
- Place the peel of three oranges in the mason jar with the vinegar.
- Secure the cap and ring on the mason jar.
- Store the jar in a cool, dry place for 14 days.
- On the 15th day, open the jar and strain the contents into a sifter, over a plastic bowl.
- Return the solution to the mason jar with a funnel; label your jar as cleaning concentrate.
- Open a spray bottle and add 1/4 cup of the solution, 2 ounces, to 5 cups water.
- Seal the bottle and shake gently.
- Use in conjunction with newspaper to clean most glass surfaces, including counters.
This is an awesome cleaner! I hope you will think so, too!
Enjoy the clean!