Good afternoon, savvy savers! For this weeks Throwback Thursday’s, just in time for Halloween, I want to bring you a fun, family-friendly find from my own childhood, Slime! If you were anything like me as a child, than watching Family Double Dare was a favorite, and the best part of the show was the contestants who were systematically slimed! Sure slime, that awesome polymer that was presented both liquid and solid statuses simultaneously, was more than a molecular anomaly, it was an event of epic proportions! What was even better? When the stores began to carry this awesome gak, slime, or as my mother called it, the substance that will not come off of my couch!
Oh, the dealing of a kid from the 1990′s. But why let the 1990′s evade us one day further, when we can make out own slime, and so here is my recipe for homemade slime! Please note, I can make slime for $0.20 a container, per child.
- 1/4 cup Elmer’s School White Glue
- 2 disposable cups
- Food coloring
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Borax Powder
- A plastic spoon
- In your first plastic cup, add your water and Borax Powder.
- Stir the mixture gently, then set aside.
- In your second plastic cup, add your Elmer’s School White Glue.
- Add the food coloring, in your color(s) of choice, to the second cup, stirring until mixed.
- Now, add 1 Tablespoon of the mixture from the first cup at a time, to the second cup; the slime will instantly start forming, but allow the mixture to set-up for 30 second before playing with each batch.
- Store slime in sandwich bags.
- Avoid placing slime on textured, carpeted, and porous surface.
Here’s to Halloween,Show