There are so many great things about this time of year. From peppermint lattes to warm throws and reading by the fire, winter is a magical time of year. Especially when it allows me to pull together my seasonal capsule wardrobe full of cold-weather staples. I mean, who doesn’t love throwing on sweaters, tunics, and boot cuffs?
Despite many parts of the country still being in the grips of unseasonably cold freeze warning, the weather in my part of the country will get warmer before you know it. In fact, next week is slated to be in the mid-50’s! Now that we are officially in the throes of the new winter season, I wanted to share with you all my Winter 2018 Plus-Size Capsule Wardrobe!
Just a few things to know about the creation of this capsule:
- This capsule contains 37-pieces.
- While this is a plus size capsule, but each piece could easily translate to year-long capsules.
- I no longer work in a corporate setting. My capsule no longer includes office attire.
- I live in the deep south, which makes for mild, breezy falls.
- Each item in my post will work with at least 5 other outfits.
- Jewelry, eyewear, workout gear, and lounge items are not counted in my capsule.
- I will not be carrying a bag or tote this season.
My current capsule wardrobe is built upon basic, year-round minimalist staples. Staples which remain in my closet year round. Each season I add new or additional pieces as needed while making room for seasonally-appropriate outfits. This particular season’s capsule relies heavily on three quality pairs of denim pants, scarves, and boots.
While I don’t follow an arbitrary numbers rule for my capsule wardrobe, while instead focusing on building staple outfits, you will notice an increase in the number of garments from my previous fall capsule. This is because I lost a great deal of weight this year and by buying and styling options opened up significantly as a result!
As my healthy living journey with PCOS continues, I am looking to wear loose, simple layers that allow me to feel comfortable but yet still allow me to accentuate my style with seasonal, stunning color.
This capsule reflects my current minimalist lifestyle, my plus size frame, my personal stance on minimalism, body positivity, and my continued efforts to aspire to live a life with slower fashion in my current walk of life. I am a work in progress. I love the beautiful woman who proudly wears a size 16.
Without further ado here are my current 37 Capsule Wardrobe pieces:
- Basic cream tank top
- Basic white tee
- Basic long sleeve white tee
- Pardon my French graphic tee
- Ivy Park graphic tank
- Basic white poplin dress shirt
- Short sleeve orange tunic
- Burnt orange v-neck sweater
- Chocolate brown crew neck sweater
- Gray tunic sweater dress
- Buffalo plaid tunic
- Chocolate brown waffle knit hoodie
- Navy hankie duster jacket
- Gray scarf duster jacket
- Short sleeve knit jersey LBD
- Army green military surplus jacket
- Black vegan leather moto jacket
- Medium rinse cuffed boyfriend jeans
- Light rinse distressed jeans
- Dark rinse skinny jeans
- Dark rinse jeggings
- Black leggings
- Black hose
- Red & Green plaid blanket scarf
- Orange plaid blanket scarf
- Vegan leather black rider boots
- Vegan leather brown rider boots
- Vegan brown booties
- Charcoal heeled mary janes
- Cranberry athletic mary janes
- Gold glittered flats
- Leopard print flats
- Minnetonka burnt orange moccasin flats
- Black Bob’s flats
And what do I think will be my 3 go-to outfits this season?
- White poplin shirt
- Skinny dark rinse jeggings
- Blanket scarf
- Brown vegan leather booties
- Perfect for school meetings, church groups, lunch dates, and running errands.
- Black shirt sleeve knit jersey LBD
- Gray duster
- Black hose
- Heeled mary janes
- Gold tiered necklace
- Perfect for school meetings, church groups, dinner dates, and casual meetings.
- Ivy Park gray short sleeve babydoll tunic tank
- Navy duster
- Light rinse distressed jeans
- Leopard flats
- Gold hoop earrings
- Perfect for school meetings, concerts, farmer’s market, running errands, and date nights.
So that’s my capsule wardrobe for the several months. I am also looking forward to a more simplified, relaxed capsule this season. These pieces reflect lifestyle. Bring ease to my mornings. In terms of a capsule wardrobe, that’s all I could ever ask for. And that makes me happy!
If you would like to pull together your own capsule wardrobe this coming season, check out my previous capsules here. Consider this post a reference in establishing your own easy, stylish, affordable wardrobe this Winter too! I wish you nothing but fabulous and frump-free fashionable days ahead!
For those who have already started your own capsule wardrobe this winter or have ideas for next season’s capsule wardrobes, I’d love to hear about them below as well!