Hello again, savvy savers! It’s that time again, time for a new monthly buying guide! So here is my what to buy and what to pass up on during the month of September:
Things to Buy:
- Patio Furniture, Grills, and Outdoor accessories; in the next week Warehouse stores and big box stores will start slashing prices of these outdoor goods by upwards of 80%! Last year I bought outdoor cushions at Walmart around this time for $2.00 each, which were a savings of $41.96 each!
- Older iPhones; as new models come out each holiday season, as in the case this year, older, refurbished phones will be 60% off online from all cellular companies that carry the line.
- Denim: Now is the time to stock-up on denim! Overalls, jeans, capris, and work gear will start to go as low as 90% off! Buy now for the holidays; Sears, Walmart, JC Penney always have great denim deals this month!
- Plants; as many consider Summer over after Labor Day, as do many nurseries! Houseplants and annuals, including fall ornamental cabbages, will go to rock bottom pricing now, as will mums; always buy mums now!
- School supplies; as I mentioned last month the time to buy supplies for the following year is in September now for later in the year needs, teacher appreciation gifts, and supplies for next school year at upwards of 90% off!
- Bicycles; as stores are gearing up for the holiday spending rush, last year’s kids and adult bikes are set to go over half off this month! Buy now for the holidays!
- Cars; 2015 models will be released next month, ans so now 2013 and 2014 models will be drastically reduced at many lots.
- Airline Tickets‘ airline tickets will be at the lowest of the entire year the last week in September, and will continue to double in price throughout the New Year, buy holiday tickets now to avoid paying a 40% markup!
- Holiday Foods; frozen hams, turkeys, and boxed stuffing mixes the like will be at the lowest for the whole year and in the middle of October will triple in price, buy now to avoid the extra costs!
Things Not To Buy:
- Gaming Systems: The Holiday markups have already begun on these gems! For deals on Gaming Equipment look to second hand sources such as Facebook Local Groups and Craigslist; remember to test before you buy!
- Fall Clothing; fall clothing is the highest it will be priced now. Hold onto last years favorites, and add new pieces starting in November!
- Televisions; As with the Gaming Systems, Holiday markups have already begun! For deals on Gaming Equipment look to second hand sources such as Facebook Local Groups and Craigslist; remember to test before you buy!
- Leaf Blowers; This should be a given, but do not buy leaf blowers now! Leaf blowers will bottom out at the new year and you will find prices as low as 75% then!
- Backpacks; Unlike the above mentioned school supply list, backpacks will not bottom out in price until Christmas, so hold off on buying for now! The holidays will find great deals at LL Bean, Sears, and JC Penney!
- Diamond Jewelry; Diamonds are still being marked up, even in the post Summer Wedding Season. Look for prices to drop out by late November for Black Friday deals.
I hope this list is helpful for all of my fellow frugalites out there!
Here’s to Saving,