Hello again, savvy savers! As we are nearing the end of another month, I thought I’d share my favorite cyclical purchases for this coming June!
Things to keep a look out for:
- Televisions: The Japanese fiscal year ends in March, which means Japanese-made goods—like tv’s, blueray players and the like—are going to be on sale as they try to get rid of old stock.
- Cookware & Kitchen Accessories: As graduation season draws closer, you’ll see a lot of sales for common graduation gifts. So be sure to take advantage of the graduation-centric sales.
- Vacuum Cleaners: New vacuums usually don’t come out until June, so older models, 2012-2014, are now starting to be on sale for as much as 75% off!
- Dishware: Wedding season hits its peak in the early summer, and dishware companies respond by slashing prices for all those young lovebirds that have it on their registries. You can find savings of 25 to 50% off!
- Gym Memberships: Summer isn’t the best time for gyms. Everyone’s forgotten their New Year’s resolutions, and those that haven’t are exercising outside in the nice weather, so now is a good time to haggle on a membership, or seek out equipment for a discount.
- Tools: Whether you’re buying for dad or not, take this opportunity to stock up on power tools at a discount, upwards of as much as half off at larger box store, like Lowe’s and Home Depot.
- Charcoal: Post-Memorial Day Sales will be at rock bottom prices until mid month, before 4th of July cycles begin!
Food To Buy in June (By Mid Month):
- Bottled Water
- Ice Tea Mixes and Lemonade
- Ice Cream
- Cool Whip
- Swiss Chard
- Summer Squash
- Pasta Salad Kits
- Hot Dogs
- Chicken; thighs and drumsticks
What Not To Buy:
- Air Conditioners; New Year’s Day Sales will find portable ac’s and water coolers reduced by half, or more!
- Grills; wait until Labor Day for grill deals at Lowe’s and Home Depot!
- Deep Fryers; November will find deep fryers reduced for Turkey-Day sales!
- Homes; in winter prices can drop by as much as 1/4 in many markets!
- Patio Furniture; patio sets will drop by 3/4 at retailers, such as Walmart, during post-Labor Day Sales drives!
- Sandals; this should be a given, but always buy shoes out of season!
- Bicycles; Summer weather brings cyclists out and about, but come Black Friday bike prices will slash by 3/4!
- European Trips or Vacations; trips will lower by half come August!
Here’s to saving,