Hello again, savvy savers! I wanted to end my weekly posts by bring the week to a close with a post about the reflections on this past week.
The highs for the week:
- Losing two pounds.
- Trying to expand my family!
- The ongoing repurposing of two rooms in my home, and the beginning of my chalk painting adventures.
- Continuing a daily devotional.
- Saving $78.00 on my groceries; this allowed me to only spend $34.56 on groceries this week!
- Using homeopathic pest remedies on my pets, helping them to stay healthy!
- Falling back in love with Netflix!
- Receiving words of encouragement online, from my Aunt Michelle!
- Being a co-host for the Merry Monday Linky Party!
- My husband being able to spend time with his niece, nephews, and brother-in-law; those kids are one of the joys of his life.
My lows for the week:
- Several of my summer plants dying.
- The outdoors being so humid its hard for mopped floors to dry.
- My home never seems clean enough.
- Debating on whether or not to reconnect with my birth mother.
- Displacing my unhappiness over my own personal stress onto my husband, when he leaves messes, and though I apologize, I feel horrible afterwards.
My quote for the week:
In honor of what would have been his 96th birthday this week, “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” -Nelson Mandela
My inspiration for the week:
Being able to cut my home phone and cable, and while I am still finalizing he details of adding other forms of services, I have found that I can now watch more shows, and save $160.00 a month doing so!
My humor for the week:
My Great Pyrenees puppy (which is funny to say unto itself, as when she stands upright we are eye-to-eye with one another), Lady, has now learned to “give paw,” and this morning when I did not see her giving me her paw, she tapped my behind to get my attention! When I turned to see what she needed, she grinned at me, and in an attempt to give me both her paws, tumbled over grinning; sometimes the greatest joys in life come now from our children, but from our fuzziest children! Puppies are the best!
Goals For The Coming Week:
- Walk 1/2 mile daily.
- Finish my Motivated Moms Planner Chores daily.
- Read for 1 hour.
- Prepare three recipes and a freezer cooking session for the blog one day this week.
- Finish four upcycled projects to post to the blog.
- Finish all of my work-related projects ahead of time this week, in the evening, to free up my days more, by7 at least 1 hour.
- Start writing love letters for my husband, an educator, so when he starts classes back-up next month, he will have one daily with his lunch.
- get dressed and wear makeup daily, even when not working.
- Clean out my coupon binder, and start moving to my new method for organizing coupons and blog/videotape my progress for the blog.
- Sleep eight hours a night.
What are your goals for the week, I’d love to hear them below in a comment!