Hello again, savvy savers! I wanted to end my weekly posts by bring the week to a close with a post about the reflections on this past week.
Goals For The Coming Week:
- Walk 1/2 mile daily.
- Finish my Motivated Moms Planner Chores daily.
- Read for 1 hour nightly; this week will be filled with Dickens, the Gospel of Luke, and the Gift of the Magi.
- Prepare homemade cookies for my husband Daniel, AKA, Santa.
- Listen to holiday music.
- Give out “You’ve Been Jingled” Gifts to neighbors.
- Face-time with family and friends!
- See local lights as a family.
- Watch a holiday movie daily.
- Clean out my coupon binder, and start moving to my new method for organizing coupons and blog/videotape my progress for the blog; this will be done today as their are no coupon inserts nationally this weekend.
- Sleep eight hours a night.
- TTC; take vitamins, continue with yoga, etc.
Reflections For This Week:
This has been a very trying week for me personally, from family members being hospitalized, to co-workers leaving their work for me to finish, I have had to re-learn what it means to be a gracious steward this holiday season!
Though this is a work in progress, here are a few things I am personally working on:
- Realizing that people will fall short of my expectations, and that this is okay! This is such a hard concept for me. I grew up with the idea of seeking to find good in others, hoping that if you care for others they will care for you, and then later realizing that this may not always be the case, is so hard!
- Understanding that the opinions held by family members, in terms of myself, is not a true reflection of my truth;, understanding that everyone is seeking that sweet spot in life, a niche where they can flourish is an amazing concept, but should not come at the expense of others.
- Being aware that selfish, communally awkward behavior in others is just icky; sometimes even holiday cards and gifts can come dripping with slights and issues, and should still be taken in stride!
- Coming to terms with the idea that the disdain that others project on yourself, is a reflection on how they perceive themselves; recently a family member carelessly mentioned to me that “they did not sign-up for…this or that,” without thinking that in my world, I had not either. Understanding that its okay to emotionally say no and walk away from toxic family members is a work in progress for me.
- Being Gracious. I am working on being able to be distant, yet gracious and graceful with others; its a work in progress.
- Lastly, knowing that its still okay to send thank you cards for gifts received, even when friends and family refer to this act as passe and antiquated!
So, there’s a little bit of a peek into my semi-charmed little world this past week.
How have you all spent your week? How much have you accomplished? Where did you fall short? What areas of your life could have used a photoshopping glaze, instead of a keepin’ it real exterior? I’d love to hear about it!
Here’s to the holidays,
What are your goals for the week, I’d love to hear them below in a comment!