Hello again, savvy savers! I wanted to end my weekly posts by bring the week to a close with a post about the reflections on this past week. This weeks reflections are going to be slightly different, in that I want to focus this weeks post, not on what I hope to accomplish, but on what I am most thankful for this past week. I wish to continue this series for the remainder of the year, as an “Attitude of Gratitude-style” post. I will be following this trend for the rest of the holiday season, and each weeks reflections, will reflect the calendar date of each post. I encourage all of my fellow blogging friends, readers, family, and friends-at-large to join in as well.
So, without further ado… here are the NINE REASONS I AM GRATEFUL THIS WEEK:
- This past Friday, my beloved husband, friend, and confident, Daniel, turned the big 4-0, in such a gracious manner, that I was truly proud of him!
- This past week, my husband brought home a new fur-baby, Glenda, a rescue, who after a clean bill of health from our family veterinarian, has already proven to be a loving, thoughtful companion, and helps prove that the old adage, “who rescued who,” to be more than the truth, in our case!
- I lost an additional two pounds, as part of my healthier lifestyle, and am hopeful to lose more!
- This week my website hit 500,000 views; I am truly blessed to have reached so many readers since March of this year, and am grateful for all of my readers!
- I am having continued success with my ETSY shop, and am loving all of the positive comments, conversations, likes, favorites, and orders this holiday season!
- I have finished up my holiday shopping for this holiday season, and came in under budget!
- I plan to take some time this afternoon to clean out, organize, and inventory my deep freezer, freezer, and refrigerators; I am grateful for the abundance of groceries, food staples, and other blessings that couponing has allotted my family this past year. I plan to donate 20% of our non-perishable food staples this week to a local soup kitchen and my husband’s school food drive, so that we may pass our blessings onto others!
- I am grateful for falling leaves. I somehow love the quiet moments, early in the morning, where I alone can creep across my yard, to fetch the morning paper, while listening to the crunch of leaves beneath my feet, the glow of brilliant fall foliage in sight, and the feel of chill in the air. I long for the days of Autumn!
- Finally, I am grateful for my three overgrown puppies, Sassy, Roxie, and Lady. My girls were so ecstatic this morning to receive a new treat from the store, and just the fact that a binky and ball makes there day, makes mine, too; I strive to be the kind of person my pups think I am!