Hello again, savvy savers! For this weeks Wednesday Ways to Save, I wanted to share with you my list for the things to buy in January here at The LadyPrefers2Save!
Here’s what to be on the lookout for:
- Laptops; online outlet stores are offering laptops and net-books as much as 60% off!
- Office supplies, even if you do not have school-age children; remember that most office supply stores will also price match ads!
- Summer apparel, with shorts and sleeveless shirts up to 70% off.
- Patio furniture & grills, up to 75% off; check your store managers for items being tucked away in the back of stores on clearance only to be marked up come April!
- Christmas, Hanukkah, and Autumnal Decor; many large and small retailers will start the season with 75% off savings, then go back up to 25% off for the holidays, especially craft stores!
- Turkey, Lamb, and Ham; with the holidays now past now is the time to purchase them at under $0.10/lb at Walmart, for Easter and Summer Cookouts!
- Holiday toys; All major retailers have already released their perspective top-ten lists for the must-have holiday toys, and many can be paired with manufacturer coupons, purchased now, and stored for priced half of what they will be Black Friday!
- Cola; cola pricing will be lowered this month and will double in price for the upcoming Super Bowl party season!
- Crawfish, Boudain, and Cajun-themed entree items; purchase items now for 2/3 less than they will be at the end of the month in preparation for Mardi Gras!
- Baking Mixes; after holiday baking mixes, sets, decorations, cupcake liners, and the like will be up to 85% off at discount stores such as Dollar General.
- Gym Memberships; chain gyms will slash prices for memberships to monopolize on Resolution List dieters. Be sure to price/contract shop before signing up for contracts.
- Credit Cards; this month marks the month when creditors are more likely to grant credit and lower interest rates right before the start of tax season.
- Tax Software: Prices will be half of what they will come the last week of this month! Plan ahead!
- Linens: Winter flannels, thicker comforters, and down products will be marked down by as much as 75% off at mass retailers starting this week!
- Journals, Planners, & Agendas: Expect to see prices at mass retailers, especially bookstore chains, up to 90% off!
What to Wait To Purchase:
- Furniture: February is semi-annual furniture market and trade shows, and retailers will need to unload goods starting next month, which can mean savings for you up to 75% off!
- Vehicles: February marks the annual start of all new cars on the market, and 2013 models and older will be further marked down by as much as an additional 25%!
- TV’s: Wait for April to skip Super Bowl tv mark-ups!
What I will be purchasing:
- A Birthday cake… as I will be turning the big 3-2 on the 13th!
Here’s to Saving,