Hello again, savvy savers! For this weeks Wednesday Ways to Save, I wanted to share with you my list for the things to buy in August here at The LadyPrefers2Save!
Here’s what to be on the lookout for:
- Laptops; online outlet stores are offering laptops and net-books as much as 60% off!
- Back-to-school items, including paper products, dorm furniture; check manufacturer and store websites for money-saving coupons before shopping!
- Office supplies, even if you do not have school-age children; remember that most office supply stores will also price match ads!
- Summer apparel, with shorts and sleeveless shirts up to 70% off.
- Patio furniture & grills, up to 75% off; Target and Walmart are the places to check on these normally high ticket items after the 25th of this month!
- Year old Halloween and Autumnal Decor; many large and small retailers will start the season with 75% off savings, then go back up to 25% off for the holidays, especially craft stores!
- Turkey and Ham; if you freeze your meats for the holidays, then now is the time to purchase them at under $0.10/lb at Walmart, for example!
- Holiday toys; All major retailers have already released their perspective top-ten lists for the must-have holiday toys, and many can be paired with manufacturer coupons, purchased now, and stored for priced half of what they will be Black Friday! Toys should be purchased before Halloween to save on holiday markup then discounted pricing!
- Cola; cola pricing, around Labor Day, will be at its lowest price point until Christmas, so stock-up now. A good price point is for any 2-liter under $0.50 each, 12-packs 4/$10.00, and 24-packs under $3.50!
What to Wait To Purchase:
- Fall clothing, like sweaters and long sleeve shirts: October is the time to buy these items at rock bottom prices!
- iPhones; As the new iPhone 6 is set to be released in September, October will find 5S and 5C phones slashed in price!
Here’s to August savings!