Hello again, savvy savers! For this weeks Wednesday Ways To Save, I wanted to remind you all to daily check your local Craigslist group, from their Free Pages! I have found numerous items on these freebie listing, including a couch, DVD’s, yard toys, pets, and more!
To see if there are any deals in your area:
- Go to Craigslist.org
- Under the homepage, create an account.
- Then go back to your home page, and select your Country.
- Then select your State.
- Then select the city or areas closet to where you live.
- Under the middle “For Sale” column, you will see a hyperlink for Free, and then select this link.
- Browse away!
A few tips once you have found a great Free Item:
- When you have found an item you are interested, click the reply button and type a message.
- Always be sure to keep your initial messages short and direct; ask only if the item is available, and then say thank you.
- Once the giver has responded stating that the item is available, be sure to set up a time to meet for item pick-up.
- Always select pick-up locations that are in public, during daytime hours, and try to take someone with you, safety first!
- The most important part of this process, be sure to arrive ahead of time, and do not stand a giver up. It’s poor Craigslist etiquette!
I would also advise checking nearby groups, too! I have been able to find items such as a free piano, not in my city, but within an hours drive, and even with the cost of a U-Haul for three hours, it far outweighed the initial cost of the item; this one haul alone I saved $2,400.00 over the appraisal price of the item! Also, be sure to favorite/add the free site link to your favorite web browser tool bar, so you can check daily to snag any awesome deals in your area!
Here’s to saving,