For this weeks Wednesday Ways To Save, I want to discuss some of the ways I shop at my favorite pet store, Petco! Here a few tips to save at Petco:
- Sign-up for the Petco Rewards Card, you will earn 5% cash back on every purchase, a $5 certificate when you spend $100, and receive special coupons. Sign up here!
- Online saving certificates are now able to be added right to your Petco Pals Card card, saving you time, money, and ink!
- Check out Petco’s online coupons here!
- Petco has an awesome price-match policy!
- According to their official online corporate price-match policy, they state that they will price match any local ad within a 20-mile radius of their store. Also, as of May 1st, they will also accept Amazon.com price-matching, via mobile devices! How awesome is that? As Amazon’s awesome Subscribe & Save Program often delves out awesome pet treat, food, and litter deals, this should come in very handy when price matching at your local Petco! Petco will also price match any competitors store, including co-op and feed stores, within a 100 mile radius.
- During the holidays be sure to keep your eyes peeled for Holiday calendars, priced around $4.00, which have coupon packs valued at over $50.00 each calendar, and a portion of the proceeds go to the Petco Animal Foundation. Please keep in mind, these calendars are also tax deductible, with saved receipts!
- Be sure to check out the various managers specials around the store; stores can be combined with manufacturer and store coupons, newspaper, printed, and the like. The special will be marked with orange labels, and though many of the products are starting to expire, they can be bagged in Ziploc bags, and frozen up to a year.
- Also, coupons that produce overage will be applied to other items in your cart.
Also, keep your eyes peeled in-store for “oops savings,” savings on products mislabeled or needing to be sold 120 days before expiration; these savings, which can be paired with triple stacked manufacturer, competitors in-store coupons/price matching, and online and in-store coupons (with one of each, per item), for saving upwards of 80-90% off!
So consider the following at checkout:
- Look for a product with “oops savings, ” or price matching items from a store within a 100 mile radius.
- Then stack a manufacturer internet or newspaper coupon.
- Add to this any competitors coupons.
- Then pile a Petco online, in-store, or calendar coupon to these savings!
- Any coupon overage will be applied to other items in your current transaction.
- If you have any $5.00 rewards certificates, they can be applied, too!
- You are looking at a substantial, if not free item!
So, there are a few ways I save at Petco! Even if you are not a pet parent, consider finding deals at your local Petco to donate to local kennels, shelters, in-store Petco Foundation bins, service animal charities, Alzheimer Service Animal Rehab Clinics, or to animal fostering programs in your neck of the woods today! Also, if you are a Petco shopper, please leave me a comment below and let me know the ways you save as well!
Here’s to Saving,