Cheesy Buffalo Wings!
With Superbowl vast approaching, I wanted to share one of my favorite childhood memories, Cheesy Wings! So for this weeks Throwback Thursday's, here is the recipe as handed down to me from my grandmother, for the best cheesy Buffalo Wings you will have ever tried!
Write a review
- 4 cups peanut oil
- 1 1/2 cups hot sauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated into 2 pieces and wing tips discarded
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 2 cups Velvetta, Cubed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, the night before cooking prep your wings; separate into wings and drumettes and discard the wing tips.
- Then place wings in a Ziploc baggie with the buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate overnight.
- Before cooking, place wings on a paper plate and pat dry.
- Using a deep fryer, heat the four cups peanut oil to 350 degrees.
- Now, fry your wings for 7 minutes.
- While the wings are frying, using a small saucepan, melt the butter, hot sauce, salt and pepper, and garlic powder on medium low heat, until it simmers.
- Remove the mixture from heat, and add both cheeses until creamy; remove half of mixture for sauce.
- Now, place the wings in the sauce pan with the remaining sauce and coat well.
- Next, remove wings with tongs, and place on a metal rack, and place racks on a non-stick, lined cookie sheet.
- Bake wings for 30 minutes, making sure to flip wings after 15 minutes.
- Return wings to the oven and continue broiling until the skin is deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing, the reserved cheesy sauce, and celery sticks.
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/