Calling all Lip Smacker Fans! For this weeks Throwback Thursdays, I am featuring my budget-friendly version of two of my favorite childhood items, Lipsmackers Dr. Pepper Lip Gloss! These two items were staples in my In my Duplo Bunny bag! I felt so grown up wearing my clear lipgloss and clear mascara! I make my version, using simple, safe, ingredients for only $0.19 a pot/tube! I purchase my beeswax, chapstick tubes, gloss pots, and cola extract on Amazon.com using earned survey gift cards; my Kool-Aid was purchased on sale at my local Save-A-Lot for $0.05 a packet!
Here’s how I make it:
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Butter
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
20 drops of Cola Syrup
1/4 Tablespoon Kool Aid Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Aloe Vera Gel
1 Pinch Extra Fine Glitter
1) Put 1 inch of water in the bottom of a small pan, and turn on medium heat.
2) Place a pint jar in the water, and begin to heat.
3) Place all ingredients in the jar, except the oil, syrup and Kool Aid.
4) When all ingredients are melted, stir well and turn off heat, but leave jar in the water to keep warm throughout project.
5) Stir in the essential oil and Kool Aid.
6) Using a medicine dropper, fill you containers, while leaving the jar still in the water.
7) Wait 2 minutes, and top off containers as they will settle, and then let this layer firm as well.
8) Let tubes and pots sit, undisturbed, for 3 hours.
9) If you prefer a firmer, more chapstick-like product, add a 1/2 teaspoon more wax to your mixture.
10) I also add 10 drops mint or eucalyptus oil to the pots during winter, to help prevent chapped lips!
11) For glittery gloss or balm, add a pinch of extra fine glitter to a 1/2 teaspoon aloe vera gel and add to pots while still warm.