Hello again, savvy savers! For this weeks Thrifty Thursdays, I want to share with you my recipe for my Summer Hair Lightening Mask! This simple blend only requires three ingredients, all readily available to most homes, is all-natural, safe, and affordable at only $0.25 a treatment!
Here’s how to make it:
4 Chamomile tea bags
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 cup water
1) Steep 4 chamomile tea bags in 1 cup of water for 15-20 mins; let the tea cool to the side.
2) Mix your yogurt into your cooled tea blend, and then add your honey; mix until well blended by hand.
3) Apply the mask, and then cap your hair within a shower cap.
4) Leave the mask on for 1 hour for blonde hair, 2 hours for auburn hair, and 2 1/2 hours for brown hair; this treatment may not be the best for black hair, as even natural ligtening methods will turn black hair brassy, uneven shades.
5) Shampoo you condition your hair as usual.
6) Repeat twice weekly until you have your desired hair color.