Calling all crafters! For this weeks Thrifty Thursdays, I am sharing with you my recipe for Puffy Paint!
This recipe will cost you $0.15 a bottle, a savings of $2.75 a bottle, from commercial blends! Since one of my two majors was Art History, I often spent time while at home, on breaks from college, experimenting with Art mediums, and this was one of my concocting sessions!
Here’s how I make it:
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Room-Temperature Water
1/2 Cup Table Salt
1) In a glass bowl, mix the salt and flour together.
2) Add the water slowly, whisking it together, be careful not have any lumps.
3) Add 3 drops of food coloring to mixture; tempera paint, or natural fruit or vegetable juice, such as beet, mint, spinach, or carrot juice, can be used as well.
4) Add contents to a squeeze bottle; I found three-packs of squeeze bottles at the Dollar Tree for $1.00! Use a separate bottle per color.
5) Please note, paint will dry with 3 hours, and paint tends to break-up after use in bottles, so when done, clean out bottles after each use.