Thank you to Cents of Style for providing a tee for styling and inspiring. This post contains affiliate links, in which I may receive compensation for your purchase. My opinions are 100% my own and in no way influenced by the brand. Please see this blog’s full policies and disclosure here.
There is a beauty in stillness. But for much of my life, I did not know how to be still. I lived a life in perpetual motion. Fighting for all I achieved. Learning first hand the weight of my opinions by trial and tribulation. Nothing came easy for me. Including learning how to find the beauty in stillness.
Despite my accomplishments, I was restless. I just didn’t know this wanderlust was a masquerade of self-doubt in my life. Now several hard earned years later, I crave this stillness. It’s a vital part of my personal self-care. Whether that means sitting on my patio drinking a latte or tending to the roses in my garden, I always take time each day to lavish in calming moments of certainty.
Now I’ll be the first to admit that stillness didn’t come naturally to me. For most of my 20’s, I was addicted to busyness. I prided myself in being busy to a fault. Stillness came to my life by way of financial strife, massive weight gain, two miscarriages, strife in my marriage, and debilitating anxiety and depression. My body forced me into a life-changing stillness.
Stillness also became a spiritual quest. I learned that stillness wasn’t the absence of progression but my refuge from strife. The feeling of omnipresence through the faithful practice of peace. For the stillness I longed for wasn’t to be found in my fearful crying in the night or the aggressive busyness of my days, but in the beautiful periods of silence where I could better equip my heart to mind my own sense of self.
It’s been said that people average upwards of 50,000 thoughts a day. Thoughts that for me weren’t always pretty. You know the ones: I can’t do it. It’s too hard. I’m a failure. Moments that plagued my life for years. Thoughtless moments that needed to be made still.
While the world demands an arduous hustle, stillness requires me to receive only love, peace, and guidance. With this in mind, I’d love to share with you ways I’ve been able to bring more stillness into my life.
Tips on ways to bring stillness to your own life:
1) Meditation. Quieting the mind requires practice. One powerful way to shut up thoughts that don’t serve us is by practicing meditation. Just taking five minutes each day away from others to meditate to focus our attentions away from the hectic world can help bring lasting joy and progress to your day.
2) Learn to enjoy the silence. Many people are intimidated by silence. Silence causes you to address issues your running from. It’s easy to fill each day with busyness like mind-numbing television viewing or scrolling media feeds online. Nothing wrong there. However, if this used to fill a void, over time, the toll will manifest itself in the form of lost relationships, opportunities, and dreams. Instead, consider silence as part of your personal self-care routine.
3) Adopt a new mantra. The next time you have fearful and anxious thoughts that are raging within you, silence those thoughts by saying, “Peace, be still.” Rely on the strength of your own words being manifested into the universe. When you need strength, use your words.
4) Create new thought ratios. If you find yourself indulging in busyness, create new rations for stillness. For each negative thought, replace it with two instances of positivity. Over time, you’ll start to organically replace negativity in your mood, home, business, and interpersonal relationships. When it comes to thought, it’s just about the numbers!
5) Practice stillness. Leave yourself a sticky note of praise. Schedule alone time. Practice being a more grateful person. Do this and stillness will become like second nature.
Moreover, stillness makes me more an accountable person. It drives me to be peaceable, poised and purposed. I fervently believe that stillness is the physical embodiment of joy. Stillness helps me not just look put together but to be put together. Which is why I also love the new line of tees from Cents of Style, the Be Series Graphic T-Shirts.
Being able to literally wear my mantra of stillness makes this the perfect t-shirt for me. It’s all about replacing fast fashion for inspirational, practical pieces. I mean what’s easier than throwing on a comfy pair of distressed jeans, sandals, and an oh-so-inspirational tee?
These Be Series Graphic T-Shirts could also easily be styled with slacks and a cardigan, paired with a floral spring skirt, or layered over capris and tanks. The options are endless! Making this shirt capsule wardrobe ready. Cents of Style definitely delivered with these t-shirts!
This tee is stylishly fashionable, but still practical for my everyday needs and luckily for me (and you), they’re on sale for $15.95 (with FREE SHIPPING), using promo code BESTORY. Remember, this deal is valid this weekend, 4/28 through 4/30 only. And for all my fellow curvy girls, Cents of Style offers the Be Series Graphic T-Shirts in sizes S-2X, so those of us who have sexy and voluptuous curves can enjoy them too. Be still my heart!
So, friends, I encourage you all to approach life, and our trials, in stillness. To life free from the noise of anxiety. To live a life marked by the comfort of stillness. And if you want to start your journey of stillness by snagging a Cents of Style Be Series Graphic T-Shirts, that’s cool too!
Be still, friends,