Hello again, savvy savers! With Summer soon upon us, what better time to turn off those crockpots, pack up those ramekins, and put up those gravy boats for Fall Family get-togethers, and spend a little more time thinking about cool, crisp salads!
With this in mind, be sure to check out this awesome Summer Salad Linky Party!
Check it out…
We are excited to finally be getting into the Summer Salads Season! School is ending soon, Memorial Day is almost here, we are getting into the spirit of the summer fun season! Bloggers know how to party and we think this is the perfect reason and time to have a Summer Salads Party!
Our Summer Salads Linky Party is the perfect place for you to find some new salad ideas, and share yours too!
Meet the Hosts
We love a good party! Don’t you! We’d love for you to follow our Hosts on your favorite social media so you’ll know when we are partying again!
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Anchovies, Pureed
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup Low Fat Yogurt (I make DIY yogurt)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Large Heads Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Cups Day Old Bread
- Puree two anchovies, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy puree, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the cream cheese, yogurt, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Taste test your dressing.
- Let dressing sit on counter, and meld, for 10 minutes.
- Now let’s make croutons.
- Day old French bread
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bread into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Spread seasoned bread onto a sheet pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Now, take one head of Romaine lettuce, and tear into bite size pieces; place in large salad bowl for tossing.
- Toss salad with dressing, and top with croutons and additional cheese.
- Let’s party, pour yourself a tall glass of your favorite party beverage and stay as long as you like!
- Link up as many as you like.
- Be sure to visit around and find a new recipe for your family to enjoy.
- Don’t forget to Pin, Tweet, Stumble or otherwise share the party and your favorite links!
- Link all things salad; recipes for salads and dressings, sandwich salads, fruit or vegetable salads, cold or hot salads. At the risk of sounding a little like Bubba Gump we really mean all things salad, you get the idea. Link as many as you like but be sure to visit others and share those that you like.
- I’d also like to thank Shirley, from Intelligent Domestications, for putting this awesome link-up together! High-five, diva!