Good morning, again savvy savers! Continuing with this months Spring Cleaning theme, I wanted to remind you, as part of our weekly Couponing Stockpile Series, to make the most of your food and products stockpile by rotating your goods! Just a thought, I generally try to look through my stockpile monthly, but your time scale might be weekly, evenly quarterly; just as long as you do take time to do so.
With this in mind, here are a few tips:
1) Keeping your stockpile organized, orderly, and to date is very important when you stock up!
2) Be sure to make the tops of goods, using a sharpie, with expiration dates; this is especially helpful for cereal and the like!
3) Also, be sure to rotate your stash by expiration date; always arrange your products so that goods soonest are towards the front.
4) Shop with your stockpile in mind; always check to see what you have on hand, and then purchase goods with these numbers in mind!
5) Also rotate personal good items as well; all cosmetics, shampoo, conditioners, vitamins, and toothpaste also have best-by dates.
6) As well, items close to expiration, consider donating to family, friends, churches, and food banks!
Here’s to saving!