Welcome to the first spring craft blog hop challenge for the spring season! We’re challenging you to create and share a Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, or Mardi Gras craft tutorial. This hop will run from January 20 – February 17 and you can share your creations in the link-up at the bottom of the post.
Meet all 18 hosts!
*Please follow your hosts on at least one or more social media platforms of your choice. Let us know you’re following from #SCBH2015*
- Erlene @My Pinterventures Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Lou Lou Girls @Lou Lou Girls Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Sarah @Creative Ramblings Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Rachel @Craving Some Creativity Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Shirley @Intelligent Domestications Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Julia @Happy House and Home Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Amanda @The Kolb Corner Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Misty @The Lady Prefers 2 Save Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Emily @Our House Now A Home Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Shana @Technotini Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB
- Sahana @Vilkapah Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Jessica @Designer’s Sweet Spot Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Theresa @Beauteeful Living Pinterest/Twitter/FB
- Lauren @Mom Home Guide Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Jamie @Tiger Strypes Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Beverly & Gloria @Across the Boulevard Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+/G+
- Renee @Creative Mama Messy House Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Marlys @This and That Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
Grab a button and help us spread the word!
Today’s Project: My Valentine’s Day Front Porch Reveal!
Hello again, savvy savers! I am so excited to share with all you my Valentine’s Day Porch Reveal! One of my favorite parts of our home is the fun porch, and I have been more than excited to decorate it seasonally! As my family is back at school for the spring semester, its time to got life back into a normal routine, and part of that for me is porch decor! So, when I was asked to be apart of the Spring Craft Blog Hop, I totally jumped all over it!
A few months ago I found this awesome red chair in a recess of our basement, and with the help of a can of School House Red spray paint, I had a new porch stand! Please note, I didn’t bother making sure I got perfect coverage on either coats, because I knew I was going to do some sanding and wanted a lot of layers to show through. To finish it I sprayed it with a Polyurethane to finish up my colored layers.
And, although the chair was cute by itself, I knew I wanted to use several new finds I picked up after the holidays in town to use in conjunction with a few Dollar Tree crafts I made from last year.
For this project I used the following materials:
- 1 Rattan Wreath Form, $1.00 from the Dollar Tree.
- 2 Wreath Stands (on hand, but purchased from JoAnn Fabric’s, with coupon, for $5.99 in 2012).
- 2 Mini Grapevine Wreaths JoAnn Fabrics $0.59 each with app coupon savings.
- 2 packs covered hearts from the Dollar Tree, $0.25 each (picked up after the Valentine’s Day holiday in 2014).
- 2 packs foam letters from the Dollar Tree, $0.25 each (picked up after the Valentine’s Day holiday in 2014).
- 2 Valentine’s Day Ribbon Spools, $0.10 at Walmart (picked up after the Valentine’s Day holiday in 2014)
- 2 Red lanterns from CVS Pharmacy (purchased after the Christmas holidays in 2014, used Quarterly ExtraCare Bucks, and paid nothing out of pocket).
- 1 Burlap Sign, JoAnn Fabrics $1.89 (picked up after the Valentine’s Day holiday in 2014).
- Hot Glue Sticks (on hand).
- Red Spray Paint (on hand).
- Polyurethane (on hand).
- Chair (on hand).
- Hanging Heart Decoration, JoAnn Fabrics $0.89 (picked up after the Valentine’s Day holiday in 2014).
- Door Mat, Amazon (used Amazon Gift Card, earned from survey points for purchase).
Total Cost: $6.16
I loved putting this porch together, and with the use of three simple wreaths, a hanging heart and banner, as well as vintage chair and lantern pair, really makes this porch pop! I also love the use of my new door mat. The door mat reads, “Ask not for whom the dog barks, it barks for thee.” This is a joke for my UPS driver, who always asks, whom my pups, a Westie, Shih-Tzu, and Great Pyrenees are barking at, and now, there’s no question…pun intended!
I just love how simple, clean, and inexpensive this project was. With the cleaner lines and empty spaces spring holidays give us, its almost a breath of fresh air! I tend to decorate my porch for most holidays, and my inspiration, my Uncle Danny, who himself was a Valentine’s Day baby, always reminded me to “put love out in the world,” and though he is no longer with us, I hope my porch is representative of his great words. Love begets love.
So, seriously guys, how fun did this turn out? I am so beyond happy with it! I am so happy with how my porch turned out!
Be sure to stay turned for next few weeks, to see my bedroom and back patio reveals, and new Mardi Gras crafts (inspired by my husband a Who Dat/ True Dat and NOLA fan), too!
Here’s to creating on a budget,
Spring Craft Blog Hop – Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, & Mardi Gras
- Link-up your craft or DIY tutorial that fit the themes of the Spring Craft Blog Hop. Links that do not fit the themes will be deleted.
- DO NOT link-up food or recipes.
- DO NOT link-up round-ups unless all the craft posts are yours.
- Link directly to your post and not your blog.
Show us what you’ve created and be seen on 18 blogs!