What is SavingStar?
SavingStar is a smart phone app that helps you save money by either scanning your receipts, linking your store card, or making in-app purchases with online deal-specific retailers. There’s also a large “Cash Back Mall,” that features retailers like Lands’ End and Groupon. Also, once you reach the minimum threshold of $5.00, you can cash out to your PayPal account, donate to charity, or receive it as a gift card.
How do I use SavingStar?
- You’ll need a smart phone to download their app. Here’s what the screen looks like to users, and to select an offer, click the orange plus sign, and all offers will then be transferred and ready-to-go straight into to your account.
- You will need to first select participating stores near you.
- You can do this by clicking “stores.”
- There are two types of stores: ones that are linked to your loyalty store card, and ones that require you to scan receipts for redemption.
- When you load offers to your loyalty cards, they load to all the cards you have registered on the app right at checkout!
- One of my features of SavingStar is their “one or many” offers. These offers mean you can buy one of the items or all the required amount in multiple trips!
- They also offer a new credit card option. You can earn up to 10% cash back on groceries with that new option, on top of your regular app savings.