Write a review
- Calling all my corned beef fans! As I am sure many of you will have leftover corned beef in your fridge, I wanted to share with you my recipe for Couponed Casserole, Reuben-Style. The receipt uses leftovers, Rye bread from my local Bread Store, sauerkraut from the Dollar Tree, buy-one-get-one free couponed cheese and dressing from Winn-Dixie, and cost under $4.00; this recipe will feed six.
Couponed Casserole, Reuben-Style
- 6 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup Russian salad dressing; French or Thousand Island Dressing can be substituted.
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cube rye bread.
- Spread bread cubes in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spread sauerkraut evenly over the bread cubes, then layer beef strips over sauerkraut.
- Pour dressing over all.
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray, then take the foil and cover your baking dish; the foil that has been sprayed should be placed sprayed side down.
- 7) Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Remove foil and top with cheese, then return the casserole to the oven to brown for an additional 10 minutes.
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/