Good afternoon, savvy savers! For this weeks Relaxation & Rejuvenation Sunday series post, I wanted to share with you my recipe for Homemade Warm Honey Eucalyptus Whipped Body Butter. I make this body butter, using olive and coconut oils from Sam’s club, and cocoa butter purchased for free from Amazon.com using earned gift cards from survey sites, and store the butter in jars from the Dollar Tree! I find that this mixture is better than any body butter I’ve ever purchased in stores, and makes for a refreshing gift basket filler, gift closet staple, and as a simple thinking-of-you gift for family and friends! What’s really awesome is that an entire jar costs on $0.50 to create!
Here’s how I make it:
1 cup of cocoa butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 half cup honey
12 drops eucalyptus oil
1) Using a double boiler, or glass bowl in a pot of water double boiler method,
slowly and gradually melt both the cocoa butter and coconut oil until completely liquid.
2) Remove the mixture from heat, and fold in the olive oil and honey.
3) Refrigerate the mixture for three hours.
4) Using a mixer or hand mixer, add the eucalyptus oil to the mixture, then whip until white peaks form; the mixture should look like creamed butter.
5) Put the mixture into a glass jar, sealed, and refrigerate for one hour.
6) When ready to use, place the desired amount in a small bowl, and microwave for 3-5 second, until warm, and apply directly to skin, as needed.
7) Store any unused portions in the refrigerator; this mixture will last up to a year.