- 3/4 Cup Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Epson Salts
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sweet Almond Oil
- 12 Drops Essential Lavender Oil
- 10 Drops Food Coloring (optional)
- Dried Lavender (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine: coarse sea salt; Epsom salts, and baking soda; blend well.
- Transfer dry mixture to clean glass jar or lidded container.
- Add your essential oil and almond oil, stirring gently to incorporate.
- Please note, I personally do not feel the need to color my bath salts, should you chose to do so, add 10 drops of a coordinating food color per batch.
- Also, when in season, I will add lavender removed from the stem, grown organically from my tiered herb garden to my batches; I pour a four of my mixture into a jar at a time, then add the lavender, and continue until the jar is filled.
- If making this product for others, be sure to add a label, or a hang tag to the jar, indicating what the product is, as well as usage and storage suggestions, especially for those with small children and pets.
This DIY is super simple, smells amazing, and is nourishing to your skin!
Gift Giving Idea: Considering that a jar of this super luxurious, organic salt blend, paired with my Homemade Brown Sugar Citrus Body Scrub, and Homemade Warm Honey Eucalyptus Body Butter, placed in a basket, makes for a trip of affordable, organic DIY beauty product gift for under $6.00, per person!
I highly recommend it to others!