Punxsutawney Meatless Monday Crockpot Chili!
Hello again, savvy savers! It's time for another Making More Out Of Monday Meals Recipe! Did you know that the three largest Chili Cook-offs in America each year are on Grundhog's Day? This seems right on cue, as so much of the country is currently enduring blistery, cold, and snow bound this morning! So, with Punxsutawney Phil predicting six more weeks of winter today, and in the spirit of Meatless Monday's, here is my recipe for Punxsutawney Meatless Monday Crockpot Chili!
Write a review
8 hr 30 min
8 hr 30 min
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Boca Crumbles (can be substituted for ground turkey, beef, or pork)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 pounds soaked/hard boiled overnight kidney beans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green chiles
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Sour cream
- In a skillet, heat your oil on medium heat.
- Once simmering, add the onions, bell pepper, garlic, and chiles.
- Add your seasonings, and cook for 10 minutes, continuously stirring.
- Cook until fragrant and your trinity is translucent.
- Add the boca crumbles, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Slowly fold in your hot sauce, drained kidney beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Check your seasonings, and re-salt as needed.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- Before serving, taste and re-salt as needed.
- Serve with the cheese and sour cream.
- Be sure to check out my other crockpot recipes on Pinterest at: https://www.pinterest.com/LDYPrefers2Save/crockpot-slow-cooker-recipes/
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/