Hello again, savvy savers! I wanted to end my weekly posts by bring the week to a close with a post about the reflections on this past week. This week found my home very messy, but very productive!
This past Monday, August’s No Spend Month ended. I was able to save my family several hundred dollars for the better! I was also able to list several under-utilized household items on several Facebook local groups for sale, organized my pantry shelves, and preform a much needed clean out my bedroom closet, too. This week saw a continued commitment to my current cleaning schedule, the MotivatedMoms app, and will speak more about the review of this new schedule and app in the weeks to come!
This week also saw the finish of my dining room re-do project, and with the exception of purchasing a new dining room table, the room looks speculator! Daniel and I are very excited about the room and its usage later this year for the holidays.
This week comes to an end with a little much needed yard work, reading, and of course.. blogging!
My highs for the week:
- Trying to expand my family!
- Organizing my kitchen; somehow purging this one room seems the most drastic for me.
- Continuing a daily devotional.
My lows for the week:
- With the outdoors being so humid its hard to breath outdoors; I have seasonal allergies and asthma.
My quote for the week:
“Though she may be small, she is fierce.” -A Midsummer Nights Dream, Act 3, Scene 2; William Shakespeare
My inspiration for the week:
My husband, Daniel; educator, teacher, friend, provider, and goof ball. He’s awesome!
What I’m most grateful for:
- This past month, my beloved husband, friend, and confident, Daniel, safely returned to school.
- I lost an additional two pounds, as part of my healthier lifestyle, and am hopeful to lose more!
- I am having continued success with my ETSY shop, and am loving all of the positive comments, conversations, likes, and favorites!
- I have finished up my holiday shopping for this holiday season, and came in under budget!
- Finally, I am grateful for my three overgrown puppies, Sassy, Roxie, and Lady.
As well, my goals goals for the coming week:
- Walk 3 1/2 mile daily.
- Finish my Motivated Moms Planner Chores daily.
- Read for 1 hour daily.
- Prepare three recipes and a freezer cooking session for the blog one day this week.
- Finish an upcycled projects to post to the blog.
- Cement a “meeting time” for the new motivation group.
- Finish ten product reviews.
- Sleep eight hours a night.
Also, my continued goals for this current year:
- Spend 1 hour a week having coffee with Daniel, and discussing out goals, dreams, and weeks with one another.
- Write at least 1 love note to Daniel each week in his lunch.
- Continue with my PCOS diet to help with expanding my family.
- Continue tweaking the rooms of my home in preparation for a family.
- Finish stockpiling the items needed for nursery by Fall.
- Read a devotional daily.
- Finish my Motivated Moms planner sheets daily.
- Read 1 fiction book per month, for myself.
- Work on my crafting for 1 hour per week.
- Begin working on the manuscript of my book.
- Paint 1 hour per week.
- Write 1-2 personal posts per week.
- Be more proactive with linky parties and networking.
- Start new coupon classes locally (slated to start this spring).
- Revamp my social media accounts.
- Replace 10% of national deals with more local/regional deals weekly.
- List 10% more DIY posts, crafts, and upcycling posts to the blog.
- Start my new weekly YouTube video series, on savings and DIY tips.
ETSY & Shadow Cat Crafts:
- Attend & Set-up Booths at 1-2 Craft fairs locally.
- Launch Shadow Cat Crafts Website & Facebook Group.
- List 1-2 new crafts on ETSY per month.
- Increase regional advertising for ETSY for 10%.
- Eat out of pantry, freezer, and utilize Meatless Monday-fair for 75% of weekly menus.
- Start funding for our first family joint venture, Rental House #1 Savings Account.
- Donate 25% of couponed stockpile to local homeless pantry and women’s shelter in 2015.
- Snowball and pay-off last 15% of debt in 2015.
- Earn rewards cards, gift cards, and/or use cash for holiday purchases in 2015 only.
- Start hideous spending months (post to come) in February, April, June, August, October, and December.
What are YOUR goals for this week, as well as thus far in 2015? I’d love to hear them below in a comment!