Homemade Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa Mix
With Winter weather in the air, a cup of cocoa always hits the spot for me! So for this weeks Making More Out Of Monday Meals, I want to share how I make my own blend, for two-thirds less than commercial store blends, and tastes better than Starbucks! Here's how to make it...
Write a review
- 4 Cups Truvia (table sugar can be substituted)
- 3 Cups Cocoa
- 1 1/4 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Skim Milk as needed, per cup
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt, and whisk to combine well.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container; I use canisters from the Dollar Tree.
- For individual servings, pour 1 cup milk into a microwave-safe mug.
- Microwave on high just until hot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa mix, and stir to dissolve; usually takes one minute.
- For a larger batch of cocoa, warm the milk in a saucepan set over medium-low heat, taking care not to scald the milk; add mix as needed.
- This mix is as delicious as it is economical. I am able to buy the ingredients at my local Sam's Club for under $7.00, with the exception of the Kosher Salt and canisters which I purchase at my local Dollar Tree, which makes a years worth of cocoa for my family. Compare these savings to the individual packs of Swiss Miss, and you will save 85% off shelf pricing! Here's to saving!
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/