Hello again, savvy savers! I hope you all are well rested, and ready for a new daily challenge! So today I want to focus not on selling things gleaned from your home, but items that can be made from items you have on hand. I am speaking of online consignment selling on ThredUp.com and LikeTwice.com.
So, why ThredUp.com and LikeTwice.com?
- The sites allow you to sell clothing online, consignment-style, to a larger audience of potential buyers.
- You are selling clothing to the vendors, and they offer you credit which can be used to either buy new clothes, or to have a Paypal buyout option.
- Clothes that are not accepted are donated, on your behalf, to charities in their area.
- You do not have to leave your home to sell items!
What Can I sell:
- Children’s Clothing
- Men’s Clothing
How to Sell:
- You should first start by figuring out what you want to sell.
- Next inventory what you want to send.
- Go to ThredUp.com and LikeTwice.com to request item shipment bags; bags are mailed to you free of charge.
- Once your bags arrive, mail back packages in the pre-sorted bags.
- When your bags have arrived, you will receive notice, by way of email, as to what items have been accepted or rejected for sale.
- Currently, ThreadUp is offering 100% return rate on all handbags, totes, and luggage!
- Currently sellers on LikeTwice can earn a $10 BONUS FOR YOUR HANDBAGS AND $5 FOR YOUR SHOES THROUGH 6/28!
- Try to sell items that are current, classic, or sought after in design.
- Items should be in good, wearable condition.
- Shoes and leather goods should be clean; please read over ThreadUp’s policy, here!
- Be realistic in your options. Just because you paid $100.00 for a pair of jeans you will realistically not receive most of your investment back; aim for a quarter of the items worth.
- Rejected items will not be returned, but donated; only sell items you are ready to part with.
- Items you wish to have returned, you can opt to pay the $12.99 fee to purchase return assurance, so all returned items arrive back quickly to you. The fee will be taken out of your payout amount.
- LikeTwice will allow all returned items to ship back to you for $4.95; the fee can be taken out of your sellers account, store credit, or paypal account, too!
- Both companies also accept plus sizes, maternity, and men’s clothing as well.
My Selling Goals Were:
- I am going to list 10 household items, per bag.
- I hope to make $100.00 in profit.
- All items that do not sell will be donated to charity.
- To request both bags today; I will blog about the rest of the process during my June No-Month Spending Challenge.
As well today I was also able to accomplish:
- As part of my #Choose30 Daily Challenge, I woke up at 7:25, walked my fur babies, showered, & dressed to my shoes. (Thanks, Flylady!)
- Worked on my daily Motivated Moms Planner.
- I finished a day’s worth of clerking assignments ahead of schedule!
- I cooked from my pantry for each meal.
- Read my daily devotional.
- I waked two miles.
Today I saved:
- I eat at home this evening for dinner, saving our family $6.95.
- I recycled, upcycled, and composted one bins of deluge, and saved $0.25, the cost of 1 trash bag.
- I cooked three meals from my home pantry, saving $6.81 in the process.
- My family drank water today, and saved $0.69, the cost of a 2-liter of soda.
- I also did not watch cable tv, and saved $3.68 by doing so.
Total amount I saved my family: $21.38
This months savings goal remaining: $38.95
Please be sure to check back tomorrow for another way to save for this months No-Spend Challenge!
Here’s to saving,