Hello again, savvy savers! Happy Saturday! As it’s a new day, it’s a new way to sell and save, as part of this months No-Spend Challenge! Today, I’ll be focusing on Craftsy!
So, what’s Craftsy?
- Craftsy is an online crafting community and sales shop.
- The site features craft supplies, classes, online forums, videos, and affiliate opportunities.
- One of the best aspect of the site is their classes; some types of classes focus on quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, art, photography, cooking and many more categories.
- Classes are taught by industry leaders, which allow users to learn at your pace with easy-to-follow HD video lessons you can access on your computer and mobile devices.
- Craftsy offers free mini classes, as well as pay-for-lesson classes, too!
- The best part about Craftsy is their forum which allows crafters from all works of life to be able to sell their patterns online!
Why sell on Craftsy?
- Craftsy loves Indie designers!
- You’ll never be charged a fee or take a commission when you list or sell your designs.
How to sell on Craftsy:
- Be prepared. In order to list your pattern, first need to have an idea of what you would like to sell; scrap-booking, knitting, quilting patterns, etc.
- You will need a PayPal Account. You will need either a Premier, Student or Business account to sell patterns on Craftsy (these accounts are all free to set up through PayPal); this is required so that you can accept credit card payments from pattern buyers.
- Your pattern must be in a .pdf file format. The standard format for patterns on Craftsy is .pdf. So whether yours is a Word doc, a JPG, or another document format, you will need to convert all patterns to PDF before you continue.
- For Machine Embroidery patterns, the supported are .pec, .sew, .jef, .hus, .pes, .art, .and vip.
- If you have multiple .pdf files, you can add them to a .zip file and upload the zip file.
- Photos: Each pattern must have at least one photo, and no more than five, per project.
- Listings: You will also need to write a basic description paragraph about your pattern.
- That’s it! You’re now a Craftsy seller!
- Be sure to think outside of the box.
- If you can do any of the following, you can create a pc file pattern: Quilting, Sewing, Knitting, Cake Decorating, Crochet, Drawing, Photography Collages, Gardening/Planting Beds, Woodworkers, Macrame, Jewelry Making, Scrap-booking, and Embroidery.
- Write patterns how you would want to read patterns.
- You can Google patterns to be an idea of what written formats should look like.
- You can make anywhere from $3.00-$10.00 per pattern.
- This is a great way to make passive income at home.
- Have fun!
Here’s to saving,