Hello again, savvy savers! Many of us already know that Craigslist is a great place to buy and sell stuff. But did you know that you can also find a ton of free stuff on Craigslist? I’m going to walk you through how you can find the best stuff on Craigslist and get it all for free.
To see if there are any deals in your area:
- Go to Craigslist.org
- Under the homepage, create an account.
- Then go back to your home page, and select your Country.
- Then select your State.
- Then select the city or areas closet to where you live.
- Under the middle “For Sale” column, you will see a hyperlink for Free, and then select this link.
- Read over the description of the free stuff. There may be pictures of the free stuff as well.
- If you’d like to get the Craigslist stuff for free, you’ll need to contact the person who is giving it away. They may want you to call or email so follow whatever directions they want you to do.
- If the description doesn’t state how to contact the person giving away the free stuff, click on the email address near the top of the page to email them
- Browse away!
A few tips once you have found a great Free Item:
- When you have found an item you are interested, click the reply button and type a message.
- Always be sure to keep your initial messages short and direct; ask only if the item is available, and then say thank you.
- Once the giver has responded stating that the item is available, be sure to set up a time to meet for item pick-up.
- Always select pick-up locations that are in public, during daytime hours, and try to take someone with you, safety first!
- The most important part of this process, be sure to arrive ahead of time, and do not stand a giver up. It’s poor Craigslist etiquette!
I would also advise checking nearby groups, too! I have been able to find items such as a free piano, not in my city, but within an hours drive, and even with the cost of a U-Haul for three hours, it far outweighed the initial cost of the item; this one haul alone I saved $2,400.00 over the appraisal price of the item! Also, be sure to favorite/add the free site link to your favorite web browser tool bar, so you can check daily to snag any awesome deals in your area!
Here’s to saving,