Calling all pet-parents! Do you have cats or dogs? If so, then you know all too well the nuisance of fleas and ticks can pose for your furbabies, your family, and your home. As you might know, I have a large furbaby family, including three dogs and three cats, so as summer approaches flea and tick remedies, which can save my family time and money, is a top priority for my home! After my West highland White Terrier, Roxxie, developed a skin allergy two years ago, my vet recommended I try more homeopathic treatments to repel fleas and ticks, as I live in a humid southern state! After some experimentation, I came up with a formula that is safe to wash pets, including small mammals, but is also effective enough to be sprayed on the perimeter of your home as a flea and tick home barrier as well! This remedy saves my family $625.00 annually!
Here’s how I make it:
2 cups cold water
8 oz apple cider vinegar
4 oz warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 Drops Eucalyptus Oil
1) Take 2 cups cold water and add 20 cloves; seal for four days stirring twice a day, each day.
2) On the 4th day, mix dry ingredients first then slowly add to wet as the vinegar and baking soda will react slightly.
3) Add the clove mixture to the vinegar solution.
4) Put the combined mixture into spray bottle, adding the Eucalyptus oil at the end, and then spray pets down. Be careful not to get in pets eyes.
5) Use this blend, plus one cup water in your home attachment to spray outdoor walls, door frames, windows, and house parameters as well.
6) Retreat pets and home bi-weekly.