Homemade French Dressing
Good afternoon, savvy savers! Its Throwback Thursday! So, today I want you all to remember the not so distant past, the days when the height of sophisticated family dining was going out to the Sizzler or Ponderosa! How I remember those days! So may aisles, so many choices, only one plate!For me, my first stop was always the salad bar, and my topping of choice, the Orange Stuff! That’s right, the old school Orange French Dressing; the tangy sweetness of this topping always brought a smile to my face! But why let the fun end with adulthood? So, for this edition of Throwback Thursday, I’ll be posting my recipe for homemade Orange French Dressing!
Write a review
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1) In a one quart jar, combine sugar, ketchup, oil, garlic, vinegar, hot sauce, celery seed, and liquid smoke.
- 2) Cover and shake well.
- 3) Refrigerate until serving.
- 4) This recipe makes 1 quart dressing; I save mine in a mason jar, secured, and stored in the refrigerator up to three months!
- 5) Enjoy!
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/