Good morning, savvy savers! If you’re anything like me, you are in the mood for the emergence of warm weather, and tasty summer garden salads! With this idea in mind, today I want to share with you my recipe for Ceasar Salad! Though some of the ingredients are pricey, I shop BOGO deals, Dollar Tree finds, and stockpile my goods, and once a month I treat myself to a midweek Ceasar Salad treat! I can make this Salad for $5.50, and it feeds four.
Here’s how I make it:
2 Small Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Teaspoon Anchovies, Pureed
2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1) Puree two anchovies, set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy puree, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
3) Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
4) Taste test your dressing.
5) let dressing sit on counter, and meld, for 10 minutes.
Now let’s make croutons.
Day old French bread
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cut bread into cubes and place in a large bowl.
3) Drizzle cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
4) Spread seasoned bread onto a sheet pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
Now, take one head of Romaine lettuce, and toss with dressing, and top with crotons and additonal cheese.