Calling all my savvy savers! If you were anything like myself as a child, then you treasured the summer months when only the icy cold chill of a cherry 7-Eleven Slurpee could quench your thirst! So for today’s Throwback Thursday post, I am giving you all my recipe for cherry slurpees! I use Splenda in my Slurpees, so my blend is calorie-free! You can switch this for cane or white sugar, as well you can change the blend to your palette, in terms of flavors! This recipe, and its ingredients can be made for under $0.20 each 16-ounce serving! Enjoy!
2 Cups Cold Club Soda 1/2 Cup Splenda 1/4 Teaspoon Cherry Flavored Unsweetened Kool-Aid 1/2 Teaspoon Cherry Extract 2 1/2 Cups Crushed Ice
1) Pour your club soda, extract, and kool aid into a blender.
2) Put half of your ice into your blender, and blend for 30 seconds.
3) Place your blender container in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4) After 30 minutes, remove from freezer and then add your remaining ice, and re-blend for 30 second.
5) Serve in a chilled glass!