Hello again, savvy savers! With the Holiday season right around the corner, it’s time to discuss ways to save for the upcoming holiday decorating season! You may be thinking, Winter already? Yes, already! With only 8 weeks until Christmas, now is the time to start saving things around the home for the decorations you will want to make this coming holiday season. I suggest this list, as I will be starting a craft-a-day project series for the month of December, and for those who collect these items now, you will be able to follow along with my series as well. What’s going to be the best part of this series? I am trying to create projects that are free, upcycled, or can be purchased at the Dollar Tree.
So, here are a few suggestions for free, last minute holiday decorations:
- Glass bottles; various shapes and sizes.
- Empty, clean milk jugs.
- Pine cones.
- Plastic grocery store bags.
- Small, broken sticks from yard; 1-2 feet in length.
- Scrap black paper.
- Glass and Plastic Lidded Jars, cleaned and dried.
- Small paper lunch sacks.
- Wine bottles; empty, clean, and dried out.
- Save wax melts, stored back in original cartons in red, orange, green, black, or brown shades.
- Large and small metal cans; cleaned, dried, and with their labels soaked and removed.
- Truvia boxes,
I hope this list gets you inspired for this Winter season!
Here’s to saving,