Hello again, savvy savers! So for today’s challenge, I suggested you all look to find ways to lower your utility bills at home. For me, this meant mailing off letters requesting new, updated prorated billing information for all three of my utility companies, for gas, electric, and my city water station. Within a month, I generally receive this information in the mail, and from this letter, I can better plan my consumption and usage at home! A little forethought goes a long way towards living a greener existence!
So, here is what I did today:
- I was able to stop by Winn-Dixie and purchase 40 pounds of produce for under $12.00 (post to come)!
- I mailed off letters for today’s challenge, as well as Valentine’s Day Cards for out-of-state family.
As well today, I was also able to accomplish:
- I woke up at 7:25, walked my fur babies, showered, & dressed to my shoes. (Thanks, Flylady!)
- Worked on my daily Motivated Moms Planner.
- I finished today’s Day 7 No-Spend Challenge!
- I enjoyed a Free Chik-fil-a- frozen latte!
- Ate free samples for lunch at Sam’s Club!
- I cooked from my pantry for dinner.
- I finished all of my daily blog posts on time!
- Read my daily devotional.
- I finished all of my errands and shopping before 1 pm!
So today I saved:
- I used drying racks for six loads of laundry this afternoon, saving an average of $3.25, the cost of running my dryer for 3.5 hours!
- I completed 2 surveys online via Ipsos-iSay, and earned a $1.00 towards my next Amazon gift code.
- I eat at home this evening for dinner, saving our family $3.95.
- I recycled, upcycled, and composted one bins of deluge, and saved $0.25, the cost of 1 trash bag.
- My husband and I both enjoyed free Chik-fil-a frozen lattes, a savings of $5.98!
- I received $7.99 worth of product review items, which can be placed in my home gift closet!
- My family drank water today, and saved $0.69, the cost of a 2-liter of soda.
- I also did not watch cable tv, and saved $3.68 by doing so.
- I created a years worth of DIY Hand Sanitizer from materials I found in my home stockpile, saving my family $30.00; the cost of twelve, twelve ounce bottles.
So, overall today my family saved: $56.79
This months savings goal remaining: $445.48
A full day, a new way to find to save at home! Be sure to come back tomorrow morning for a new day’s challenge!
Here’s to saving,
- The 31 Day No Spend Month Challenge!
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 (Commitment & Pantry Organization)
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 Recap
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 (Menu Ideas)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 Recap
- February No-Spend Challenge: Day 3 (Dine Out At Home)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 3 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 4 (#Choose30 Challenge)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 4 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 5 (Coupon Swap)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 5 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 6 (Rain-Check Shopping)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 6 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 7 (How To Save On Your Utility Bills) #nospendchallenge