Hello again, savvy savers! So today I challenged you all to “Rain-Check Shop,” to “shop” for deals, particularly weekend drugstore deals, which can be used at a later time.
So, here is what I did today:
- After work, I first went to my local Winn-Dixie and was able to snag rain-checks on BOGO bread, butter, cereal, pasta, juice, pork roasts, pork chops, and frozen veggie deals!
- I then went to Walgreens and received rain-checks on Culturelle Digestive Health Probiotic and Nutella.
- At Rite Aid I was able to get rain-checks for GE CFL Light Bulbs and Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap,
- And at CVS, I snagged rain-checks on Nutella, Colgate, and Excederin; I also checked the CVS Coupon Machine for store coupons to tuck in my coupon binder.
- During March, I will be able to spend $24.00 for $78.00 worth of groceries and personal care products!
As well today, I was also able to accomplish:
- I woke up at 6:25, walked my fur babies, showered, & dressed to my shoes. (Thanks, Flylady!)
- Worked on my daily Motivated Moms Planner.
- I read part of a new review book.
- I finished today’s Day 5 No-Spend Challenge!
- I enjoyed a Free Chik-fil-a- frozen latte!
- I cooked from my pantry, three times.
- I walked for three miles!
- I finished all of my daily blog posts on time!
- Read my daily devotional.
- I cleaned out my coupon cabinet, paper files for my ETSY business, and recycled numerous bins of random scraps of fabric around my craft room, too!
So today I saved:
- I was able to procure 16 new rain-checks savings $54.00 in savings for March!
- I completed 2 surveys online via Ipsos-iSay, and earned a $1.00 towards my next Amazon gift code.
- I eat at home three times today, saving our family $7.93.
- I recycled, upcycled, and composted one bins of deluge, and saved $0.25, the cost of 1 trash bag.
- I enjoyed a free Chik-fil-a frozen latte, for free, a savings of $2.99!
- I received $12.99 worth of product review items, which can be placed in my home gift closet!
- My family drank water today, and saved $0.69, the cost of a 2-liter of soda.
- I also did not watch cable tv, and saved $3.68 by doing so.
So, overall today my family saved: $83.53
This months savings goal remaining: $502.27
Hopefully today’s challenge will have helped you to start thinking not just about savings during no-spend months, but for spending months, too! Until tomorrow’s challenge!
Here’s to saving,
- The 31 Day No Spend Month Challenge!
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 (Commitment & Pantry Organization)
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 Recap
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 (Menu Ideas)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 Recap
- February No-Spend Challenge: Day 3 (Dine Out At Home)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 3 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 4 (#Choose30 Challenge)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 4 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 5 (Coupon Swap)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 5 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 6 (Rain-Checks)