Hello again, savvy savers! So, for Day 3, and keeping with our I challenge you all to find new ways to Dine Out At Home!
For for me, I used today’s challenge to create a copycat meal, that could later be used with materials I had on-hand! Here’s my menu:
- Tossed Salad, with Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing, by Dessert Now, Dinner Later
- Copycat Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli, by Copykat Recipes
- Applebee’s Bourbon Street Steak Copycat Recipe, by Whisk Together
- MAPLE WALNUT BLONDIE, by Recipe by Girl Who Ate Everything
So, with items on hand, I would be able to pull this meal together, for my husband and I, for under $10.00! Compare this to the retail price of $64.18, minus gratuity and tax, for this same meal! This meal will be on my menu for my April no-spend month challenge, as my current meal plan is already in place!
As well today, I was also able to accomplish:
- I woke up at 6:45, walked my fur babies, showered, & dressed to my shoes, grudgingly. (Thanks, Flylady!)
- Worked on my daily Motivated Moms Planner.
- I finished one day of clerking assignments.
- I read part of a new review book.
- I finished the last chapter of an awesome new book, “And Now I Choose,” by Tam Hodge.
- I finished today’s Day 3 No-Spend Challenge!
- I cooked from my pantry, three times.
- I finished five product reviews.
- Read my daily devotional.
- I organized my dining room.
So today I saved:
- I was able to subscribe to a new, free magazine subscription, which will have a combined savings of $11.00.
- I completed 2 surveys online via Ipsos-iSay, and earned a $1.00 towards my next Amazon gift code.
- I eat at home three times today, saving our family $8.91.
- I recycled, upcycled, and composted one bins of deluge and saved $0.25, the cost of 1 trash bag.
- I reconstituted older Scentsy bricks into new wax melts, and saved $4.50.
- I received $21.32 worth of product review items, which can be placed in my home gift closet!
- I also did not watch cable tv, and saved $3.68 by doing so.
So, overall today my family saved: $50.66
This months savings goal remaining: $757.75
Now that’s a full day! Stay tuned for the Day 4 Challenge tomorrow!
Here’s to saving,
- The 31 Day No Spend Month Challenge!
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 (Commitment & Pantry Organization)
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 Recap
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 (Menu Ideas)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 Recap
- February No-Spend Challenge: Day 3 (Dine Out At Home)