Hello again, savvy savers! So, for Day 2 I challenged you all to come up with a list of a list of meals, with all of the staples being comprised of your freezer, deep freeze, stockpile, and pantry items. We needed to come up with:
- 13 Breakfasts
- 13 Lunches
- 13 Snacks
- 13 Dinner Options
- 13 Desserts
So, here is what I came up with:
Breakfasts (using frozen eggs, bacon, cheese, Homemade Greek Yogurt, and stockpiled cereal):
- Homemade Greek Yogurt Parfaits x 9
- Cereal x 13
- Bacon, Eggs, and Toast x 4
Lunches (using frozen cold cuts, Thanksgiving pulled turkey slices, and frozen grilled chicken breasts):
- Almonds, Cheese Crackers, Cheese rounds, with celery, and Crystal Light x 10
- Tossed Salad with Turkey, light vinaigrette, and Crystal Light x 8
- Chicken Salad, and Crystal Light x 8
Snacks (using frozen fruit and cheese):
- String Cheese and grapes x 7
- Almonds and Gala Apple Slices x 7
- Strawberries and String Cheese x 7
- Blueberries and Walnuts x 5
Dinners (made from stockpile and freezer):
- Crockpot Chicken Curry, steamed peas, and crystal light x 4
- Crockpot Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders, Steamed Green Beans, and Crystal Light x 4
- Crockpot Orange Chicken with Almonds, Steamed Peas, and crystal light x 4
- Taco Tuesday Roll-ups; in lieu of taco shells I use Romaine Lettuce Sheets x 3
- Grilled Turkey Burger Patties, sweet Potato Fries, with Crystal Light x 4
- Crockpot Salisbury Steak Recipe, with mashed potatoes and green beans, with Crystal Light x 3
- Punxsutawney Meatless Monday Crockpot Chili, with Crystal Light x 3
- Cleverly Couponed Crawfish Etouffee for Mardi Gras x 1
Desserts (made from pantry items):
- Jello-o Sugar-Free Dulce de Leche Cups x 7
- Gluten-Free Brownies x 7
- Brownie flurries with leftover brownies x 7
- Diet Coca-Cola Slushies x 5
As well today, I was also able to accomplish:
- I woke up at 6:30, walked my fur babies, showered, & dressed to my shoes, (just sans shoes indoors, as we’re a no-shoes indoor household!) (Thanks, Flylady!)
- Worked on my daily Motivated Moms Planner.
- I finished one days work of work-week, clerking assignments.
- I worked on my lesson plan for my new project, teaching couponing/savings classes at my local community college for an hour.
- I read part of a new review book.
- I finished today’s Day 2 No-Spend Challenge!
- I enjoyed a Free Chik-fil-a- frozen latte!
- I cooked from my pantry, three times.
- I mailed off a package of coupons for Coups For Troops.
- I worked on ten product reviews.
- I finished all of my daily blog posts on time!
- Read my daily devotional.
- I rented two free Redbox movies, which I will enjoy tonight!
- I cleaned out my kitchen drawers as part of today’s Monday Deep Cleaning Project! (Thanks, MoneySavingMom)
So today I saved:
- I was able to subscribe to a new, free magazine subscription, which will have a combined savings of $12.00.
- I completed 2 surveys online via Ipsos-iSay, and earned a $1.00 towards my next Amazon gift code.
- I submitted ten receipts to Receipt Hog, (if you wish to join please use code drog2894 when signing up) which earned by $175 coins, or $0.40.
- I eat at home three times today, saving our family $8.91. .
- I pre-packed a weeks worth of lunch meals for my family, which saved us $6.89.
- I recycled, upcycled, and composted one bins of deluge from today’s deep clean challenge, and saved $0.25, the cost of 1 trash bag.
- I rented two free Redbox movies, a savings of $2.48.
- I enjoyed a free Chik-fil-a frozen latte, for free!
- I received $19.34 worth of product review items, which can be placed in my home gift closet!
- I also did not watch cable tv, and saved $3.68 by doing so.
So, overall today my family saved: $58.94
This months savings goal remaining: $808.41
Now that’s a full day! Stay tuned for the Day 3 Challenge tomorrow!
Here’s to saving,