Hello again, savvy savers! So today I challenged you all to tackle bathrooms organization, and I must say, this was a pretty quick challenge for me!
I started by clearing out all of the products that needed to go to my stockpile first. I then wipes everything down, thoroughly cleaned my medicine cabinet, and then started to work purging products. When this was done, I found that I was mostly left with products that entirely fit in my medicine cabinet, in my in-shower product shelf, and the only things left were cosmetics and small toiletry samples.
To organize these items, I use Sterlite Office Organizer boxes, sitting on two of three shelves on my behind-the-toilet organizer in my hall bathroom. Each box retails for less than $4.00 each at Walmart, and each box holds over a basket of cosmetics! These boxes despite their small size currently hold over four gallons of makeup, razors, facial products, hair items, and more! I love that each drawer is sub-divided, and as the boxes feature clear front drawers, I can easily spot what is inside each compartment without having to label the boxes!
My favorite drawer, my lip gloss drawer, though used most often, is just as accessible as every other compartmentalized section on this shelving unit! I find this method cuts down on clutter, prevents sink drawers from being bombarded with products never to see the light of day, and for me, the more I see products, samples, or items the more likely I will use them before expiration, or seasonally! So, for me this is my go-to makeup storage and organizational system!
I was also able to corral my perfumes into an area, my face towels have a new spot, and while I give myself facials I can now read my free magazine, as I installed a magazine rack to accommodate these awesome freebies! Two other favorites are the new framed pic I put together reminding others to wash their hands, as well as the “it is, what is is” sign, a reminder for my husband to always replenish our toilet paper rolls in-bathroom!
These small changed have helped me purge three bathroom waste baskets full of junk! With all of the extra space, I was even able to devote extra bathroom real estate to a new area for essential oils, re purposing a spice rack for a new nail polish station, as well as to be able to find new used for older canisters as cotton ball and q-tip containers!
As well today, I was also able to accomplish:
- As part of my #Choose30 Daily Challenge, I woke up at 7:25, walked my fur babies, showered, & dressed to my shoes. (Thanks, Flylady!)
- Worked on my daily Motivated Moms Planner.
- I finished a day’s worth of clerking assignments ahead of schedule!
- I cooked from my pantry for each meal.
- Read my daily devotional.
- I waked two miles.
Today I saved:
- I eat at home this evening for dinner, saving our family $6.95.
- I recycled, upcycled, and composted one bins of deluge, and saved $0.25, the cost of 1 trash bag.
- My family drank water today, and saved $0.69, the cost of a 2-liter of soda.
- I also did not watch cable tv, and saved $3.68 by doing so.
- I lost a half day’s worth of electricity costs, and saved $3.00!
So, overall today my family saved: $14.57
This months savings goal remaining: $389.17
A full day, a new way to find to save at home! Be sure to come back tomorrow morning for a new day’s challenge!
Here’s to saving,
- The 31 Day No Spend Month Challenge!
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 (Commitment & Pantry Organization)
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 1 Recap
- February No Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 (Menu Ideas)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 2 Recap
- February No-Spend Challenge: Day 3 (Dine Out At Home)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 3 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 4 (#Choose30 Challenge)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 4 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 5 (Coupon Swap)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 5 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 6 (Rain-Check Shopping)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 6 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 7 (How To Save On Your Utility Bills)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 8 (Preparing For Cleaning Week)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 8 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 9 (Establishing Cleaning Routines & Decluttering Zones)
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 9 Recap
- February No-Spend Month Challenge: Day 10 (Bathroom & Linen Closet Organization)