Hello again, spooktacular savers! This is day two of my three-month fall savings series here on The Lady Prefers2Save! I am truly excited to be starting a new blog series, and hope that you all will follow along! Each day I will feature money-saving suggestions, tips, recipes, projects, or yard decorating ideas with budget-savvy families in mind! So, for the second post in this series, I want to discuss one of my favorite ways to add a fun, spooky flair to my home decor, on a dime this Fall! Today’s post features my favorite Halloween Lamp Shade Silhouettes! This year I chose bats!
To begin I used:
- A Standard lamp shade
- 3/4″ Scotch Transparent Tape
- Bat Silhouette printouts; I used bats from First Palette!
To make this shade project:
- Print out silhouettes; I used 16 for my medium sized shade.
- Take a1 inch piece of tape, doubled over, and placed on the front of the bats.
- Place the bats, silhouette side facing out, on the inside of the shade.
- The tape will extend the bat slightly above the shade, creating a more 3-D look.
- Turn your lamp on, and voila… Halloween pizzazz on a dime!
I always love the look of these bats, and after Halloween, I save the bats, in the inside of a folding manila envelope, store on the bottom of my Halloween decor storage bins, for use next year!