Good morning, savvy savers! As I have shared last week, I will be incorporating my Merry Monday Cookie and Share-Fest posts, into my month-long Halloween Fall Post Series! Please note, stating with next week’s Merry Monday Linky Party, there will be an iLinz link-up so you will be able to share you best holiday fare as well! This week I am sharing one of my families favorites, my recipe for a truly spooktacular Halloween Breakfast treat, my healthy, low-amylose-friendly Boo- Berry Breakfast Muffins:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose, gluten-free coconut flour
3/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 large organic egg
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon dried orange bits
1 cup blueberries
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees
2) Next, combine flour, 3/4 cup of the Truvia, baking powder and the salt in a large bowl with a whisk. Whisk at least 10 times to make sure the baking powder and salt have evenly dispersed.
3) Add vegetable oil to a measuring glass.
4) Add the egg to the measuring glass, and incorporate; while incorporating add your vanilla extract.
5) Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix.
6) Fold in your berries and orange bits.
7) Divide batter between 12 muffin cups. As I am using silicone, you will not need to use liners (unless giving to others), or add water to the bottom of your muffins.
8) Bake muffins 15 minutes or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter.
9) Once done, tip your Cupcake Molds on its side, and your muffins will simply fall out!
10) Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool completely.
11) To store muffins, place them in a plastic bag, seal, and store at room temperature for up to 2 to 3 days, or freeze tightly wrapped for up to 3 months.
These muffins, adorned with cute black and orange pieces, are full of healthy omega-3’s, fiber, and protein! These muffins are the best! Stay tuned to next week for another healthy dessert option! Also, be sure to check out the recipes the other hosts will be posting, here! Enjoy!