Good morning, savvy savers! Today I wanted to post again about on of the diet strategies I have implemented into my new diet and healthier lifestyle, eMeals! The folks at eMeals have graciously allowed me to partake in a free one-years subscription of their service, and I will be including these meal options into my current healthy lifestyle strategy, and I also wanted to bring you, my readers, information on their services as well. I recently came across a great eMeals recipe, Ham, Kale & Navy Bean Stew, and wanted to share this with you all!
This meal, part of a slow cooker eMeals meal plan, which feeds a family of 6 affordably, and is a part of a meal plan which feeds each person for only $2.86/person per meal; there are also several other plans available for smaller families as well, which are sure to appeal to a broad range of tastes and preferences.
This delicious Ham, Kale and Navy Bean Stew is served over homey Cheese Grits, and appears on this week’s Slow-Cooker Classic Meal Plan. Our team devoured the leftovers for lunch, and it would freeze perfectly. If you’re interested in learning more about the convenience of year-round slow-cooker cooking, check out the meal plan here.
Without further ado, here’s this awesome recipe:
- 6 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 (15-oz) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-oz) package chopped kale (or collard greens)
- 1 (28-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz) package fully cooked cubed ham
- 1 (32-oz) carton chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 (8-oz) package shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine carrots, onion and potato in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Top with beans, kale, tomatoes and ham; pour in broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- For Grits: Cook grits according to package directions; stir in cheese and butter until blended and smooth.
- Serve stew over grits.
In accordance with FTC Guidelines: I hereby disclose that I received complimentary products from the company being reviewed above, in exchange for my honest opinion and review of my experience. I was not compensated for this review, but received a free membership. All opinions in the post are 100% my own. Individual results or experiences may vary. Please consult your physician, dietitian, or diabetes specialist before starting any diet. You can obtain more details information about the company, its products, and policies by visiting their respective websites, which will be linked above.