Welcome to the third in a four-part spring craft blog hop challenge for the spring season! This hop will run from March 18th – May 25th and will be the longest and biggest of the hops. We’re challenging you to create a craft project that reflects Easter, recycled crafts, Earth Day, Mother’s Day, Teacher’s Day, May Day, Cinco De Mayo or a General Spring theme.
Please join us in this challenge and link-up your crafty creation at the bottom of this post and have it shared on 19 blogs!
Meet all 19 hosts!
Each host will be sharing their own craft to kick off the Spring Craft Blog Hop challenge, so make you visit each host to see their fabulous creations!
*Please follow your hosts on at least one or more social media platforms of your choice. Let us know you’re following from #SCBH2015*
- Erlene @My Pinterventures Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Rachel @Craving Some Creativity Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Jessica @Live Randomly Simple Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Misty @The Lady Prefers 2 Save Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Shirley @Intelligent Domestications Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Tee @Beauteeful Living Pinterest/Twitter/FB/
- Beverly & Gloria @Across the Boulevard Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+/G+
- Amanda @The Kolb Corner Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Renee @Creative Mama Messy House Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Jamie @Tiger Strypes Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Marlys @This and That Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Christie @Sparkles of Sunshine Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Sarah @Creative Ramblings Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Shana @Technotini Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB
- Lauren @Mom Home Guide Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
- Kimberly @Five Little Chefs Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Laurie @My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies Pinterest/FB/G+
- Roxanne @The Honeycomb Home Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/FB/G+
- Sofia @Fun with a Message Pinterest/Twitter/FB/G+
Grab a button and help us spread the word!
Hello again, savvy savers! I am so excited to share with all you my Easter Porch Reveal! One of my favorite parts of our home is the fun porch, and I have been more than excited to decorate it seasonally! So, when I was asked to be apart of the Spring Craft Blog Hop, I totally jumped all over it! My theme was wandering, as I think Spring is the perfect time of year for a long, explorative walk in a meadow, field, or in the country to see all of nature blooming with new life!
The porch centers around a small, rustic school chair found the side of the road in my neighborhood, and with the help of a can of Kelley Green spray paint, I had a new porch stand! Please note, I didn’t bother making sure I got perfect coverage on either coats, because I knew I was going to do some sanding and wanted a lot of layers to show through. To finish it I sprayed it with a Polyurethane to finish up my colored layers. And, although the chair was cute by itself, I knew I wanted to use several new finds I picked up after the holidays in town to use in conjunction with a with a basket, a few lanterns, banners, and themed stuffed animals I had on hand to finish the look.
For this project I used the following materials:
- 1 Rattan Wreath Forms; on hand.
- 2 Wreath Stands; on hand.
- 2 Bunny Hangers; on hand.
- 1 Easter Egg Holder; on hand.
- 6 dozen plastic Easter eggs; on hand.
- Antique Watering Can; on hand.
- 2 Spring Ceramic Lanterns; on hand.
- Burlap Ribbon; on hand.
- Vintage 1990 Crayola Bunny; gift from my husband.
- 2 Spring banners; on hand.
- 2 Stuffed rabbits; gift from my husband.
- Hot Glue Sticks; on hand.
- Chair; on hand.
- Hanging Shamrock Mobiles; gift from my husband.
- Stuffed Scentsy Duck; on hand.
- Hanging Sign; on hand; I created a duplicate sign I saw in town with items in my craft room for my home office.
- Rattan Swag; on hand.
- Black ribbon; on hand.
Total Cost: Free!
I just love how simple, clean, and inexpensive this project was. What’s better than free, no? With the cleaner lines, empty spaces spring holidays give us, its almost a breath of fresh air! What really speaks to me is the “Wandering sign and wreath on my front door, duplicates I copycatted from something I saw in-town, with items around the house for free! The sign fits right into this porch-scape, too! I also love the vintage, 1990 Crayola bunny my husband found for me on eBay; this was a replacement for one I received on my 7th Easter, which even still has it’s hang-tag and original, wrapped trio of crayons, and I treasure it! The design, effort, and concept was an simple as it comes!
So, seriously guys, how fun did this turn out? I am so beyond happy with it! I am so happy with how my porch turned out!
Here’s to creating on a budget,
Spring Craft Blog Hop 3 – Easter, Mother’s Day, Teacher’s Day, Earth Day, Cinco De Mayo, May Day, recycled crafts, or a General Spring theme
- Link-up your craft or DIY tutorial that fit the themes of the Spring Craft Blog Hop. Links that do not fit the themes will be deleted.
- DO NOT link-up food or recipes.
- DO NOT link-up round-ups unless all the craft posts are yours.
- DO NOT link-up Etsy items or things for sale
- Link directly to your post and not your blog.
Show us what you’ve created and be seen on 19 blogs!
If you would like to help host the next Spring Blog Hop 4- Sign-up HERE
[Tweet “Join the Spring Craft Blog Hop! Share your craft on 19 blogs! #SCBH2015”]