Hello again, savvy savers! Today finds us with a new Thrifty Thursday Post, and today it’s my recipe for DIY Wood Balm! This is my go-to recipe for cleaning, prepping, and conditioning my kitchen cabinets, cutting boards, salad bowls, and storage containers! I make my blend for under $3.00, which lasts for over a year at a stint.
Here’s how to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Mineral Oil
- 20 Drops Essential Lemon Oil
- 8 Ounces Beeswax
How to make this Balm:
- Melt down 8 ounces of pure, natural unscented beeswax in a double boiler, lined crock pot, or cleaned out wax warmer.
- Pour your wax into small, clean glass jelly jars, or any small container with a wide brim jar mouth.
- While the wax is warm add your olive oil and essential oils.
- Stir the wax blend for ten second.
- Allow the blend to sit, meld, and solidify for one hour.
So, that’s it! This blend is natural, economical, and with a small amount on a clean, white cloth you will be able to clean and condition all of your wooden kitchen items within minutes. I condition my kitchen cutting boards quarterly, and kitchen cabinets annually!
Here’s to saving,