Hello again, savvy savers! For this weeks Beauty On A Budget Post, I wanted to give you the second part to my Homemade Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo post, here, by posting my recipe for my Homemade Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Conditioner!
I use a blend which combines coconut milk and tea tree oil, and works well for all types of hair, including color treated hair; I have a very tight spiral pattern curl, and this sulfate-free blend is a natural conditioner and a fabulous weekend deep conditioning treatment, too!
I can make an entire bottle of conditioner, a 10 ounce bottle for only $0.20! I put my homemade conditioner back in the original bottles I previously used, washed out of course, and my family has yet to ever notice the difference! Unlike many commercial brands, which contains as much stripping acetyl alcohols as shampoo, my conditioner is organic, sulfate-free, and will not damage your hair!
Here’s how I make it:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 drops tea tree essential oil
- To make the conditioner, just incorporate all ingredients, let sit for 10 minutes before use.
- Use 2-4 tablespoons each time you condition your hair!
- Remember curly girls, you only need to cleanse your hair twice weekly, but you are encouraged to condition each time you shower; conditioners always include cleansing agents as well, so there is no need to completely strip curls daily!
Here’s to being your most beautiful self,