Good morning, savvy savers! Here in Dixie we are experiencing heat advisory warnings, with temperatures reaching triple digits, and one thing is for sure… those temps wreck havoc on my skin. So, for this weeks Beauty On A Budget Series post, I wanted to share with you my go-to facial astringent recipe, my Chamomile-Mint Astringent!
Here’s how I brew my astringent:
- 3 chamomile tea bags
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Using a tea infuser, prepare the tea; use with the mint as well.
- Once the tea is brewed, cool for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the essential oil.
- When applying, I use cotton balls, and apply the astringent in strokes, from my neck to forehead, and use a clean ball every so often.
- Once the blend has full infused, I remove the tea from the cylinder, and store in my refrigerator, up to one week.
This astringent sets me back a whopping $0.05 each time I make it, as I can buy chamomile at my local Dollar Tree, and I purchase my eucalyptus oil through Amazon.com; in addition I grow my own mint! This blend is very gentle, safe, and affordable. For an added summer treat, chill this blend for ten minutes prior to use. I hope you will try it as well!
Here’s to putting your best face forward,