Hello again, savvy savers! For this weeks Thrifty Thursday’s, I want to share with you one of the ways I have found to save on cleaning supplies, and that is with my DIY Soft Scrub, with Bleach! As this product is priced around $2.98 locally for me, I find that my making my own, using products purchased online via Amazon and ePantry, I am able to make a batch pf cleaner for under $0.25, nearly 85% off retail pricing, using only four simple, household ingredients!
Here’s how to make it:
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup Castile soap
- 2 Tablespoons room temperature water
- 1/2 Tablespoon bleach
- Glass jar, with lid
- Combine the water and baking soda in an non-lidded glass jar; set aside for 1 minutes.
- Next, add the soap to the mixture, folding in the soap slowly.
- Add the bleach, and set aside for an additional minute.
- Store your mixture, in your lidded jar, and use 1 teaspoon for each cleaning, as needed.
- When cleaning, use a white cloth, scrub your surface, and allow mixture to remain on surface for 60 second, for disinfecting purposes, before rinsing with water, and drying with a clean cloth.
As you can see, the left side of my kitchen sink, with just the smallest amount of this DIY scrub, with a simple white cloth, cleans my kitchen sink to an impressive shine! I also use this mixture in my bathroom sink, bathroom showers, and to clean my grill and smoker at home. This scrub comes in handy during the winter months, when the extra bit of help, by way of the household chlorine bleach, helps to not just clean but disinfect the surfaces most used in my home!
I hope this hack works well for you all as well!
Here’s to cleaning, DIY-Style,