Good afternoon, savvy savers! As I plan to spend a spell today tending to a new upcycled gardening project in my yard today, which involves some serious weed killing, I thought I share with you my formula for homemade Roundup Weed killer! I use all natural ingredients, which can be purchased at the Dollar Tree, and each treatment will only set you back $0.10!
Here’s how I make it:
- 2 cups table salt
- 1 gallon white vinegar; the vinegar should have 5% acidity.
- 8 drops liquid dish washing soap
- Mix all ingredients in a large jug.
- Let the mixture sit overnight.
- In the mixture in a spray bottle of pump sprayer, mix 1 cup mixture to one half gallon water.
- If using the mixture with a hose attachment, place one cup mixture to one cup water, and fill the container for use with a hose. I spray weeds, during the evening and let the weeds die overnight.
- Make sure to label your mixture, and keep it out of direct sunlight.
- Enjoy your weed-free area!
Here’s to greener living,