DIY Bath Salts Recipe!
Hello again, savvy savers! For this weeks Beauty On A Budget Post, I wanted to share my DIY Bath Salts Recipe! I can make a jar of bath salts for around $1.00, and so this recipe makes for a budget-friendly at-home spa staple, as well as an excellent idea for the upcoming holiday gift season, for those looking to go the DIY-route! Here’s how to make it:
Write a review
- 3/4 Cup Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Epson Salts
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sweet Almond Oil
- 12 Drops Essential Lavender Oil
- 10 Drops Food Coloring (optional)
- Dried Lavender (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine: coarse sea salt; Epsom salts, and baking soda; blend well.
- Transfer dry mixture to clean glass jar or lidded container.
- Add your essential oil and almond oil, stirring gently to incorporate.
- Please note, I personally do not feel the need to color my bath salts, should you chose to do so, add 10 drops of a coordinating food color per batch.
- Also, when in season, I will add lavender removed from the stem, grown organically from my tiered herb garden to my batches; I pour a four of my mixture into a jar at a time, then add the lavender, and continue until the jar is filled.
- If making this product for others, be sure to add a label, or a hang tag to the jar, indicating what the product is, as well as usage and storage suggestions, especially for those with small children and pets.
- This DIY is super simple, smells amazing, and is nourishing to your skin!
- Gift Giving Idea: Considering that a jar of this super luxurious, organic salt blend, paired with my Homemade Brown Sugar Citrus Body Scrub, and Homemade Warm Honey Eucalyptus Body Butter, placed in a basket, makes for a trip of affordable, organic DIY beauty product gift for under $6.00, per person!
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/